Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wine reviews

I just attended the Polaner trade tasting at Gotham Hall in NYC. It was very interesting and there were quite a few wines worth mentioning. I will post some reviews and comments as soon as I return. I also had the opportunity to eat a two very interesting restaraunts: Artisinal and the Modern. At Artisnal, I had a Stilton Blue fondue, Sea Scallops, cheese plate, and a sorbet. They are know for their cheese and the selection was impressive. The scallops were exceptional as was the bottle of Domaine Gille Chambolle Musigny 1er Cru 2007 (which did take time to open up and burn off a very slight reduction, but was layered and quite complex).
The Modern, however, was the winner. I had a onion and smoked bacon tarte, lobster with creamed reduction and soft noodles, and a veal ravioli - all of which had very intricate and consistent flavors. I will definately eat here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment